Face masks have become an important part of our lives since the pandemic hit all over the globe. If you need to protect yourself against any virus or infection-causing germs, wearing an N95 particulate respirator/ N95 mask is necessary because it provides a solution to avoiding illness.
N95 Masks (aka respirators) are NIOSH certification and approved by physicians and medical health care professionals. These masks are available in a wide range of styles and sizes, making it possible to find one that best suits your face size and shape.
Here is a quick guide that will make it easy for you to learn the key features and benefits of N95 respirators.
What Is An N95 Particulate Respirator/N95 Facemask?
An N95 is a multi-layered face mask that comes in different designs, some N95 are flat, and provide excellent coverage to the face, mouth, and nose. mouth and nose. N95 masks are respiratory protective devices which have a filtration efficiency of up to 95% of airborne particles. It is designed in such a way that it filters the particles present in the air effectivly while keeping you safe and comfortable while breathing.
Benefits Of N95 Particulate Respirator
N95 respirators have various benefits that make it a top choice for doctors, surgeons, and even the general public, providing ultimate safety, comfort, and protection for any user who wears it. Here are some of the benefits to wearing an N95 mask:
1. Provides Unparalleled Protection:
The N95 mask has been rigorously tested in laboratories during pandemics and it has been verified that it can protect you against SARS and H1N1 Avian Flu. It was also found that it meets CDC guidelines for the exposure and control of tuberculosis and ranks as the “high barrier” class 160 mmHg in conformance with the ASTM F1862 requirements in the case of splash resistance and fluid penetration.
IT PROVIDES THE WEARER WITH:
- 99.5% (PFE) Particle Filtration Efficiency
- 99.9% (BFE) Bacterial Filtration Efficiency
- 99.9% (VFE) Viral Filtration Efficiency
2. Packaged With Hygiene And Convenience:
N95 particulate respirator masks come in hygienic packaging.
Many people are allergic to materials such as silicone, PVC, and latex but N95 particulate respirators are free from substances like PVC, silicone ad latex making it an important option for people who are sensitive or allergic to these kinds of materials.
Things To Take Under Consideration Before Buying An N95 Particulate Respirator:
Several things need to be taken into consideration while purchasing an N95 particulate respirator mask:
- If you are suffering from any respiratory illness or if you are a heart patient, or if you have any other serious chronic health conditions make sure to check with your physician before buying an N95 mask because it can be difficult for you to breathe and feels more challenging to wear if you are suffering from any major health issues.
- If you feel that your N95 particulate respirator face mask is cracked or if there is any difficulty in breathing you must replace it with a new mask.
- If you wish to cover your face in double/ two layers you can use a 3-ply disposable mask or a cotton mask with a combination of a regular N95 mask for extra protection.
- Avoid using an N95 particulate respirator face mask beyond the prescribed filter life because it will lose its efficiency to filter the pollutants and may cause difficulty in breathing.
- Note that N95 face masks are not suitable for children and people with heavy beards as they do not have a perfect fit and cannot provide complete protection.
- Discard your N95 particulate respirator with caution by placing it in a disposal bag and throwing it into the trash bin. And make sure to wash your hands with a hand wash after dumping them into the trash.
- Be extra cautious while choosing an N95 mask/ N95 particulate respirator as they are popular in the market and more likely to see duplicates and fake N95 particulate respirators spreading through the circle. Always choose an N95 mask that has NIOSH certified.
As COVID -19 is spreading like wildfire with variants like omicron it is necessary to protect yourself by taking preventative measures. Stay away from heavily crowded places, wash your hands regularly, and disinfectant every time you touch surfaces. Always wear highly protective masks like N95 particulate respirators, particularly if you are immunocompromised, and make sure you use sanitizers that contain 90% of alcohol content.
N95 particulate respirators are a perfect choice for protecting yourself against COVID -19 and its variants like omicron. N95 particulate respirators provids you with a maximum amount of protection from Covid-19.
Get a wide range of FDA-approved and NOISH certified COVID-19 health care products under one roof at a budget-friendly prices online at EmerDepot. As a leading supplier of COVID-19 health care products, EmereDepot provides medical equipment and health care products that include disinfectants & sanitizers, oxygen concentrators, isolation gowns, N95 particulate respirators, and many other products online in the USA and Canada. Orders yours today https://emerdepot.com/collections