Choosing the best face masks is the only way to protect yourself from the Covid-19 and Omicron variant while traveling. The early travel restrictions have been eased. A lot of people are now booking flights for a vacation to take a break from the pandemic, to see their loved ones, and for essential business trips. At the end of the day though the virus is still spreading even to vaccinated people. A plane is a crowded indoor space, where the virus is can spread rapidly. It is difficult to keep socially distanced on a plane.
According to Transport Canada, “The Government of Canada requires that all travelers six years and older wear a face mask large enough to cover their mouth, nose, and chin during their entire travel journey. This applies to travelers who are fully vaccinated as well.”
1. N95 Respirators:
For the NIOSH N95 respirators mask, there should be an approval number (TC-84A-####) stamped on it. One of the most popular is 1870 plus from 3M Aura.
The 3M Aura Series Particulate respirator 1870 Plus is a NIOSH approved N95 Made in Canada. This N95 mask has comfortable inner material and provides respiratory protection against certain airborne particles. It is:
- NIOSH approved N95 particulate respirator
- Meets NIOSH 42 CFR 84 N95 requirements for a minimum 95% filtration efficiency against solid and liquid aerosols that do not contain oil.
- NIOSH approval number: TC-84A-5726
- Assigned Protection Factor (APF 10) per US OSHA and Canada CSA
2. KN95 Mask:
KN95 respirators it must meet standard GB 2626-2019
Made with Non-woven fabric, melt-blown fabric, hot air cotton
Disposable Folding mask
Standard: GB 2626-2019
- Earloops for a Comfortable Fit for Everyday use
- >95% Filtration
- Level 3 Fluid Resistance (>160 mmHg blood penetration resistance)
- Fully Aluminum Nose Piece (MRI compatible)
- Graphene and Fiberglass Free
- Made In Canada
3. Medical Face Mask:
Some disposable non-medical masks may look like medical masks but don’t meet regulatory standards. Look for a medical mask that has ASTM F2100
This means that this mask has been tested and meets international standards for:
- particle and bacterial filtration
- fluid resistance
- flammability of materials
3.1 Medicom Safe Mask Premier Elite ASTM Level 3
- Smooth, stretchy, latex-free, ultrasonically sealed ear loops prevent irritation and allow easy removal with a lower risk of self-contamination.
- An adjustable nosepiece provides a comfortable, personalized fit.
- Shingle pleat design prevents fluid pooling and cross-contamination.
- Non-woven layers will not lint, tear, or shred.
3.2 Medicom Master Series ASTM Level 3
Medicom Master Series is a medical face mask ASTM Level 3 protection. This medical face mask meets the current ASTM F2100 Standard for Level 3. Procedure Earloop Face Masks.
- Engineered with Simply Soft™ technology for luxurious softness and comfortable fit without compromising protection or breathability.
- Available in all 3 levels of ASTM protection and in a variety of vibrant colors for a look as personalized as the care you provide.
- Not made with natural rubber latex
We are authorized Distributor for Medicom and Makrite N95 and medical mask. You can shop online or in-store at 3220 Dufferin St Toronto, ON Canada.