Water-Gate flood barriers have been specially designed to provide unfailing protection against the flooding problems faced by many cities and towns located mainly in flood-prone areas. This innovative and unprecedented intervention equipment combines simplicity, robustness, and reliability.
Download the technical sheet of the models
Used around the world, Water-Gate barriers are the perfect alternative to sandbags because they can replace thousands of sandbags in an instant. In addition, they remain stable, regardless of the length and direction of the flow, or the slope of the terrain. Water-Gate barriers can be put in place while the flood is already underway.
SAY GOODBYE TO SANDBAGS!
- Portable flood control barrier for protecting commercial and municipal property from flooding.
- Adapts to a wide variety of uses, such as: Protecting the perimeter of buildings, blocking water from entering streets and tunnels, or channeling floodwater to a safe location.
- Easy to install: A barrier can be set up in many cases by a single person in just minutes.
- Automatic deployment: The barrier unfolds on its own as the water rises into it.
- Multiple barriers can be connected together to protect large areas, for instance, an entire neighborhood.
- Flexible: Can bend to contour to the shape of the ground, follow the curve of a riverbank, or turn around the corner of a building.
- Reusable: Durable construction is designed to be used over and over, even in winter.
How Water-Gate Flood Barriers Work: Hold back floodwater by utilizing the water’s own weight.
- Unroll the Water-Gate barrier along the ground and secure the front bib.
- As water fills the Water Gate, the water’s weight secures the bottom of the barrier to the ground and its pressure pushes the barrier’s pocket open, automatically activating the dam.
- Water-Gate’s dimensions make it exceptionally stable. The bottom surface of the barrier is 4 times greater than its water retention height so that the water’s downward force against the bottom of the barrier greatly exceeds its horizontal force against the barrier’s unfolded wall. By harnessing the water’s weight in this proportion, the dam remains stable on the ground.
- When the floodwater recedes, the barrier automatically closes. It can then be cleaned, dried, rolled up, and stored – ready for many years of re-deployment.
Water-Gate WL Barriers’ Many Uses: Commercial & Municipal Flood Control
- Protect doorways, buildings, tunnels, streets, etc from flooding.
- Guard against water main breaks or river and stream overflows.
- Redirect flood water to a desired safe location.
- Prepare first responders (police/fire depts., building maintenance staff, etc) for quick deployment in frequently-flooded locations.
- Install on a wide variety of surfaces (dirt, grass, gravel, asphalt, etc).
- Cover large areas, like entire neighborhoods, by connecting many Water-Gate barriers together.
- Fast, easy installation: Simply unroll the barrier and secure its front bib. A barrier can often be unrolled by a single person in just minutes.
- Rapid, automatic deployment: Water pressure opens the Water-Gate automatically.
- Flexibility: The barrier contours to the shape of the ground and can bend, allowing it to follow the bank of a river or turn corners around buildings.
- Versatility: Useful in a wide variety of situations and conditions, including in cold winter temperatures. The barrier can activate from a weak trickle or rapid flow of water.
- Extendable: Many barriers can be attached together to protect large areas.
- Minimal equipment needed: Does not require manual inflation. Lightweight design minimizes transportation effort and manpower needs.
- Quick, easy removal: Lift up one end (bottom bib front part) and let water flow under the barrier, or let the barrier close automatically as water recedes. Significantly easier than removing and disposing of heavy sandbags.
- Reusable: Made from heavy-duty 18 oz PVC fabric, Water-Gate is designed to be reused again and again, for many years. After deployment, clean the barrier with a pressure washer, dry it, and store it conveniently for its next deployment.
- Easy to store: The barrier rolls up into a compact size, allowing for easy storage.
- Ready to use: Water-Gate comes ready to be deployed, right out of the box.
- Several barrier heights are available: Water-Gate barriers come in a variety of heights. See the chart below for specifics.
- Easy maintenance and repair: No maintenance is required – simply clean, dry, and roll up the barrier after use. In the unusual case of a rip, Water-Gate can be repaired easily. It can even be patched while still in the water since the water’s pressure seals the patch.
- Environmentally friendly: Barriers can be installed on the ground or in water without harming the environment.
Accessories and Customization Available: Call for information
- Quick-deployment crates available: Crates can be purchased as an accessory along with WL barriers. Barriers can be folded, accordion-style, in the crates, allowing for very fast deployment. Long barriers can be deployed extremely fast using a vehicle (hundreds of feet of the barrier within 10 minutes). The crates also provide convenient storage for the barriers. A variety of sizes are available.
- A number of additional accessories are available, including spillways, stakes, ballast bags, and pumps, allowing Water-Gate to be adapted to specific situations.
- Water-Gate barriers can be customized for particular applications.
- Water-Gate WL barriers are folded in a way that allows them to be deployed quickly in water.
- Made of polyester fabric coated with PVC. It is ultra-robust and abrasion-resistant for installations on a wide variety of surfaces.
- Inner partition stretches to get a better grip on smooth surfaces.
- Tear-resistant polypropylene handles for easy deployment, carrying, and manipulation.
- Galvanized steel ballasting plates embedded in a polyester mesh are sewn to the WL Barrier.
Both N95 and KN95 masks are not reusable. After regular use, the mask effectiveness declines. Anytime you come in close contact with infected with COVID-19, you should use new N95 or KN95 facemask.
Emerdepot, a medical suppliers based on Toronto, provide free sample to test before you buy a box. We also provide Fit Test.
We are leading wholesale medical supplies based in Toronto helping Canadians to get safety equipment. We have large catalogue of Health care, Medical Supplies, PPE, Disaster management.